 Announcements / Creations (MOCs) / 2794
first vig: bad hair day
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.build.vignette
Date:
Mon, 23 May 2005 18:35:13 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

i’m not known in my lug for dealing well with small-scale projects. i like to build big, so when our may meeting’s challenge was to come up with a vig, i balked, i hemmed, i hawed, i gave in.

it’s not a theme that most afols may be familiar with - nightmare at the salon, in fact it’s not a situation i’ve ever experienced, but it put to good use the minifig bits and pieces that lie around in my minifig box.

it cheats on the vig criteria a bit, as i built outside the box, so to speak, but i hope i can be forgiven for stretching beyond the confines of the model vig.

enjoy, after moderation.

-§ deborah higdon-leblond §-

Re: first vig: bad hair day
In lugnet.announce.moc, Deborah Higdon wrote:
   it’s not a theme that most afols may be familiar with - nightmare at the salon, in fact it’s not a situation i’ve ever experienced, but it put to good use the minifig bits and pieces that lie around in my minifig box.

Been there, done that, had that happen ! Too Funny :)

Ray

Re: first vig: bad hair day
In lugnet.announce.moc, Deborah Higdon wrote:
   so when our may meeting’s challenge was to come up with a vig,

Any further information on this? I don’t see anything either on lugnet.org.ca.parlugment or parlugment.org. Is this upcoming?

   nightmare at the salon,

Great vig! I like the hairdresser especially for some reason.

   it cheats on the vig criteria a bit, as i built outside the box, so to speak, but i hope i can be forgiven for stretching beyond the confines of the model vig.

Outside the box is quite alright. A large part of having a constrained space is coming up with creative ways to deal with those constraints.

Bruce

Re: first vig: bad hair day
One more thing. Why isn’t the hairdresser wearing any pants? :P

Bruce

Re: first vig: bad hair day
In lugnet.build.vignette, Bruce Hietbrink wrote:
   Hi Deborah,

In lugnet.announce.moc, Deborah Higdon wrote:
   so when our may meeting’s challenge was to come up with a vig,
Any further information on this? I don’t see anything either on lugnet.org.ca.parlugment or parlugment.org. Is this upcoming?
the meeting’s been and gone but our lug isn’t well known for posting any meeting details on lugnet! only a few members created one and most of them don’t post to lugnet or brickshelf.

   nightmare at the salon,
Great vig! I like the hairdresser especially for some reason.
thanks. he resembles in no way whatsoever the guy who’s been doing my hair for the last twenty years!

   it cheats on the vig criteria a bit, as i built outside the box, so to speak, but i hope i can be forgiven for stretching beyond the confines of the model vig.
Outside the box is quite alright. A large part of having a constrained space is coming up with creative ways to deal with those constraints.
yup, that was part of the fun.

Bruce
-§ deborah §-

Re: first vig: bad hair day
In lugnet.build.vignette, Bruce Hietbrink wrote:
   Hey,

One more thing. Why isn’t the hairdresser wearing any pants? :P

Bruce

monsieur françois is very particular about his wardrobe - things must match. i had two choices, yellow or purple. thought purple was too over the top, just a bit too much, so yellow it was. forgot completely what that would also represent!

-§ deborah §-

Re: first vig: bad hair day
In lugnet.build.vignette, Deborah Higdon wrote:
   In lugnet.build.vignette, Bruce Hietbrink wrote:
   Hey,

One more thing. Why isn’t the hairdresser wearing any pants? :P

Bruce

monsieur françois is very particular about his wardrobe - things must match. i had two choices, yellow or purple. thought purple was too over the top, just a bit too much, so yellow it was. forgot completely what that would also represent!

-§ deborah §-

I had the same question...he may be flamboyantly gay, but really, some pants? Very clever stuff!! Cyndi

Re: first vig: bad hair day