 Announcements / Creations (MOCs) / 2772
2771  |  2773
Subject:
Stuttgart Tram in 6-wide
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce.moc
Date:
Mon, 9 May 2005 10:16:32 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

Hi train and tram folks,

I havn’t finished the advertising stickers jet but I wanted to take some pics of my first 6-wide Train MOC ever: The old Stuttgart Tram “Linie 15”

The original is narrow gage so it was a bit complicated to hide a normal 9 V motor and normal 9 V train wheels under the yellow cabin. My main aim was to build a good looking and realistic model, rather then a good model for playing and driving S-curves or points. And in fact the tram only runs on straight and curved tracks.

As in Stuttgart my tram now can carry visitors up to the entrance of the famous televison tower.

This concept picture shows the steering mechanism. Red dots are piviot-points, red lines are the fixed axles.

The real one could be found in Stuttgart on only one more line.

My Tram without stickers ..

For more check out my website

Does someone have another idea for smaller front lights? The white space-dish (2x2) seems to be a bit to large.

Regards,

Holger