 Announcements / Creations (MOCs) / 2606
new mocs: beau chapeau & greek taverna
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.build.arch, lugnet.town, lugnet.org.ca.parlugment
Date:
Mon, 28 Feb 2005 03:53:07 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

these are the last of my mocs to be posted from parlugment’s show during ottawa’s winter celebration, winterlude. the group exhibited in a tent on the frozen rideau canal in the heart of downtown ottawa during the first weekend of february. check these posts for more details.

when called upon to fill some empty real estate in “downtown” ottawa, it seemed only natural to put in a few shops, and nothing would be more natural for me than to shop for hats. as a result “beau chapeau” was created. although they share the same name, it bears no physical resemblance to a hat shop in niagara-on-the-lake. this early 20th century building houses hats for all types from safari trekkers to indiana jones wanna-be’s to hogwart’s interns.

for the layout, fellow parlugment member norbert black was kind enough to allow me to feature his one-of-a-kind minifig mods in window displays. alas by the time the photos were taken, they were sold!

next door to the hat shop is a tiny boutique with a unique outlook onto the busy main street and a new restaurant. “the greek taverna” is still under construction but should be opening soon, in fact, it will probably be open for business in time for the next layout. plans are made for an outdoor cafe in the back. diners should be able to enjoy the souvlaki and galaktaboureko in the next few weeks. oopah!

after moderation, beau chapeau and greek taverna. more photos of winterlude and the layout courtesy of parlugment member kevin dixon and jeff brundige.

enjoy.

-§ deborah higdon-leblond §-