 Announcements / Creations (MOCs) / 1625
  Finally, pictures of some MOCs

Now that I have finally gotten a digital camera, I have gotten around to taking some pictures of the stuff I built for our train layout. Santa Cruz Lighthouse, Route 66 Diner, my 9/11 memorial: (URL) Francisco Cable Cars monorail: (URL) (20 years ago, 9-Dec-03, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: Finally, pictures of some MOCs

Hey Russell, (...) Ahh! New Camera, fun! (...) Thank you for creating the Memorial, touching. (...) excellent likeness. (I used to live on California Street and Filmore) (...) e (20 years ago, 10-Dec-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town)

  Re: Finally, pictures of some MOCs

(...) It wasn't really that hard. One of our other members had tried some ideas, but they didn't work. I thought about it for a few days and sketched the design out on paper. From there it was easy. Russell (20 years ago, 10-Dec-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town)

  Re: Finally, pictures of some MOCs

(...) What i think is most interesting about this design is that you chose to use monorail bases as your mechanicals. At least that's what it looked like to me in the pics... can you elaborate on that part? (20 years ago, 10-Dec-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town)

  Re: Finally, pictures of some MOCs

(...) You're right Larry. The cable cars are based on the monorail chassis. When BayLTC planned our SF Waterfront Project, we wanted to have a cable car running around. We knew the regular 9v track wouldn't handle the steep elevation changes, so we (...) (20 years ago, 10-Dec-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town)