 Trains / 21827
Re: Finally, pictures of some MOCs
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.town
Date:
Wed, 10 Dec 2003 18:28:17 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Larry Pieniazek wrote:

What i think is most interesting about this design is that you chose to use
monorail bases as your mechanicals. At least that's what it looked like to me in
the pics...

can you elaborate on that part?

You're right Larry. The cable cars are based on the monorail chassis. When
BayLTC planned our SF Waterfront Project, we wanted to have a cable car running
around. We knew the regular 9v track wouldn't handle the steep elevation
changes, so we chose to use monorail track for the cable cars.

Russell