 Announcements / Creations (MOCs) / 1574
My MOC: The Tennessee Aquarium
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce.moc
Date:
Tue, 18 Nov 2003 19:34:06 GMT

I did this MOC about six months ago, but finally got some pictures up on
brickshelf to post.

Submitted for your review (and comments), The Tennessee Aquarium, located in
Chattanooga, TN.

Aquarium website: www.tnaqua.com

MOC via brickshelf: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=63238

This was done back in May for the Southeastern Railroad conference in
Chattanooga, TN.  The NGLTC, MSTLC and GFLTC teamed up for a large group display
that was rather impressive.  Wanting to do something special, I was going to
attempt doing the riverfront area of Chattanooga.  Unfortunately, running out of
time, I only had time to finish the Aquarium--the roof proved to be a rather
tricky task.  The roof is similar to four individual pyramids--you can see the
architecure in the pictures.

What proved to be challenging as well was how to mount a building at a 45 degree
angle on top of Lego studs--I was finally able to figure it out.

The MOC is due up for a rebuild, as I made a few mistakes in my geometry and I'd
like to get a few cosmetic things fixed.  Not sure if it will make PDX, but it
should make Brickfest 2004..

Let me know what you think...

Scott Lyttle