 Announcements / 3809
3808  |  3810
Subject:
How to properly "announce" MOC's
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce
Date:
Fri, 4 Jul 2008 14:04:13 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

There seems to be some confusion lately about how to post a message announcing a MOC. It was thought by many years ago that we should have a separate newsgroup for announcing MOC’s that is different from the regular lugnet.announce group. We decided to go with that idea.

Therefore as you can see here

   A new group/list for personal announcements of “MOC”s (“my own creations”) has just been created, the purpose being to focus these types of announcements and offload them out of the main lugnet.announce group, which was never intended for announcements of MOCs.

   Note: DO NOT post announcements of MOCs to the main lugnet.announce group.

Please keep this in mind when posting messages about MOC’s. Lately there have been a lot of posts that are erroneously posted in the lugnet.announce group when they should actually be in the lugnet.announce.moc group.

Thanks, David