 Announcements / 2867
2866  |  2868
Subject:
Announcing MINDSTORMS Robotic Sumo contest hosted by Competitive MINDSTORMS and TexLUG!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce, lugnet.robotics
Date:
Fri, 25 Mar 2005 02:50:29 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

Hello to all Lego fans!

Get your Lego bricks ready for some serious Lego action — the TexLUG Lego Users
Group is hosting a Lego MindStorms robotic sumo event in conjunction with David
J. Perdue (that’s me!), author of “Competitive MINDSTORMS: A Complete Guide to
Robotic Sumo using Lego MindStorms.”

The event is based on the use of the Lego MindStorms Robotics Invention System
and the RCX microcomputer, but we also allow other Lego elements. If you would
like to read the rule set for this event and/or view the date and place of the
event, please visit the Competitive MindStorms web site — you’ll find a box at
the right of the page announcing the event:

www.davidjperdue.com/competitivemindstorms

And, of course, if you would like to find out more about what Lego MindStorms
robotic sumo is, the Competitive MindStorms web site has that information too.

If you’re interested in participating, you’ve got about 2 ½ months to get a bot
built, so make sure you start thinking about what you want to create. Oh yes,
there’s also going to be two nice prizes for the winner and runner-up of the
event which are being donated by Tim Rueger, who is co-hosting the event with
me. Tim is also the instigator of the group — the Austin chapter of TexLUG —
that is officially holding this event, and I must give the credit to him for the
event’s conception; he invited me in on this effort, and now together we’re
hosting the event — see you there!

- David J. Perdue

www.davidjperdue.com