 Announcements / 1810

Subject:
The Brickish Association - A club for UK AFOLs
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Thu, 17 Oct 2002 22:52:51 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

After several months of development, meetings and false starts, we are very
proud to announce the formation of The Brickish Association.

It is our hope that the Association will become the meeting place for most,
if not all, of the 'usual suspects' who have frequented the many shows and
fests around the UK over the last few years. But we certainly also want to
make many new friends by promoting the Association in new places and
different media.

We already have plans and ideas for meetings, competitions and events, and
in the coming months we will be announcing them here, on our own website
www.brickish.org (temporarily redirected to our own little corner of
www.brickset.com ), and anywhere else that will have us. The website is
still very much in development at the moment, but please take a look
regularly, and let us know what you think.

The idea behind the Association is to have as much fun as possible while
developing our community in some new directions, and some old ones.

If you would like to join the Association, please go to www.brickish.org and
fill in an application form. There is a small subscription, which will be
used to help fund some membership 'goodies', the hire of a hall for a big
annual meeting, and several other things which we have in development.

We want the Association to be inclusive, not exclusive. So if you really
can't bring yourself to join - don't worry! You can still take part in many
of the things we have planned, and we will be actively promoting *any* Lego
related event in and around the UK.

Thanks for reading this far. Our community in the UK has already achieved a
great deal. Now we're changing up a gear and putting the pedal to the metal!

Tony Priestman
Chairperson, The Brickish Association.

Re: The Brickish Association - A club for UK AFOLs