 Announcements / 1810
  The Brickish Association - A club for UK AFOLs

After several months of development, meetings and false starts, we are very proud to announce the formation of The Brickish Association. It is our hope that the Association will become the meeting place for most, if not all, of the 'usual suspects' (...) (22 years ago, 17-Oct-02, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.uk) !!

  Re: The Brickish Association - A club for UK AFOLs

Wow, I'm impressed. Maybe you could add your picture on the August 11th at Twickenham to illustrate your hard work :-) I first read this message in lugnet.annonce and I thought, what a good name for a British club ! Do you plan to have an on-line (...) (22 years ago, 18-Oct-02, to lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: The Brickish Association - A club for UK AFOLs

(...) Do you plan to give it a paypal account? Scott A (...) (22 years ago, 18-Oct-02, to lugnet.loc.uk)

"Scott A" <eh105jb@mx1.pair.com> wrote in message news:H464sy.AtA@lugnet.com... (...) I was thinking whether some kind of online payment would be a good idea. Although we probably all have paypal accounts, the problem with paypal to paypal in the UK (...) (22 years ago, 18-Oct-02, to lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: The Brickish Association - A club for UK AFOLs

(...) From the last newsletter I received from Paypal, we can now pay in GBP and Euro without exchange rate. I can recover their e-mail if I'm the only one which received this information. This may help. But the association need to open a Paypal (...) (22 years ago, 18-Oct-02, to lugnet.loc.uk)

  UK PAYPAL & UKP [Re: The Brickish Association - A club for UK AFOLs]

(...) I agree. I have noticed that one can now send UKP [using a drop-down on the 'send' page] via paypal, but I have not looked at the costs involved in this. Scott A (...) (22 years ago, 18-Oct-02, to lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: The Brickish Association - A club for UK AFOLs

(...) Congratulations. I've given your constitution a boo and it's obvious that lots of hard work and thought went into it. The site is looking great too! Best wishes for success! (22 years ago, 18-Oct-02, to lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: The Brickish Association - A club for UK AFOLs

Fantastic job guys; the check is in the post (honest !) [BTW, the link from the side banner doesn't work - there are a couple of forward slashes missing from the URL.] (...) (22 years ago, 18-Oct-02, to lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: The Brickish Association - A club for UK AFOLs

(...) How bizarre. If you type it straight into a browser it works but as a link it doesn't. I've fixed it but if anyone who actually knows something about computers could explain why maybe I can avoid it happening again. (22 years ago, 18-Oct-02, to lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: The Brickish Association - A club for UK AFOLs

(...) Interest from the U.S., a paid-up member from Denmark, another from France already plus all the fivers flying around yesterday at LLW....We've hit the ground running. However, as we have been focusing our efforts on the formation of the club, (...) (22 years ago, 20-Oct-02, to lugnet.loc.uk)

Hi Gael, and thanks :-) We're keeping it very simple for the time being, so find that printer, because I know you've got round the international payment problem :-) Tony "Gael FRAZIER" <gael@netonthejet.com> wrote in message (...) (22 years ago, 20-Oct-02, to lugnet.loc.uk)

"Scott A" <eh105jb@mx1.pair.com> wrote in message news:H464sy.AtA@lugnet.com... (...) Not in the immediate future. It's more fun playing with Lego than playing with multiple bank accounts :-) Tony (22 years ago, 20-Oct-02, to lugnet.loc.uk)