 Adventurers / 2178
Subject:
Lost Tales of the Adventurers (in vignettes)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.adventurers, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.build.vignette
Date:
Fri, 14 Oct 2005 01:33:58 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

Return back to those days of yesteryear, when great Explorers dared to travel around the world in search of fortune and glory. A time when great adventures lay ahead, and danger lurked behind every corner. These are the untold stories of Johnny Thunder and his trusted friends, and also of his enemies. These are the...

Presented to you as vignettes.

Click here to peruse the Lost Tales Gallery or continue your Journey below for information on the individual MOCs.

Enjoy!
“Big Daddy” Nelson

Bigfoot Encounter

   In the North American forests, Johnny Thunder and Pippin Reed get more than they bargained for in their search for the elusive Bigfoot.

The Buddha Guardian

   Somewhere in the Far-East, Johnny and his old friend Harry Cane explore ancient ruins, and come across a stone Buddha that guards a valuable jewel. Johnny knows that this is some kind of booby trap - how else could this jewel remain here for hundreds of years?

Crevasse

   Johnny Thunder saves the life of his Sherpa assistant, who has fallen into an unseen crevasse in the Himalayas. It appears that another traveler had suffered the same event some time ago, with a terrible outcome.

Desert Cave

   In a cave under the desert sands of the Southwest, Johnny Thunder and his forgotten helper Mike explore for lost treasure. Who knows what else they may find there?

Incident on the Half-Moon Bridge

   While Johnny and Pippin make their escape from Chang Wu’s Dragon Fortress, their new friend, Jing Lee, shows that she can handle herself against one of the Emperor’s guards.

Loch Ness
   <
   While visiting Scotland, Johnny and Pippin Reed are surprised by the legendary Loch Ness Monster. Pippin tries to take a quick photo, but her field of view is obscured. Check out her wonderful photo!

The Man-Eating Plant

   Somewhere in the jungles of the South Pacific, Sam Sinister nearly becomes a meal for this botanical beast. Mr. Cunningham takes quick action, while Sly Boots sees an opportunity to flee...

Paleontology

   Dr. Kilroy makes another important discovery in one of his favorite scientific fields.

Temple of the Dead

   The dead have awaken as our heroes try to enter this ancient Aztec temple. It’s strange how they have never encountered this problem before...

The Cliffs of Doom

   While Alexis searches for her foe, Johnny climbs down a vine over a steep cliff to enter a hidden cave. The jagged rocks below spell certain doom for an inexperienced adventurer.

The Hunted

   Deep in the forest, Johnny Thunder becomes the target of a manhunt by the evil hunter, Rudo Villano.

The Pharoah’s Curse

   Señor Palomar threatens Dr. Kilroy to gain information on the hidden treasure of the Pharoah. Little does Palomar know that he has violated the sanctity of this Egyptian tomb, and that the Pharoah has now awakened.

Re: Lost Tales of the Adventurers (in vignettes)
I love them all! Though I have a few favs... the guardian’s walls are extremely well done, Johnny decending to the hiden cave is wonderful and an amazingly intricate build, the dinobones arealso great! I’m glad you’ve kept up this line.You have been warned that I may be back for a few of these techniques ; )

God Bless,

Nathan

Visit my brickshelf gallery: (pic=link)

In lugnet.adventurers, Nelson Yrizarry wrote:
[Return back to those days of yesteryear, when great Explorers dared to
travel around the world  in search of fortune and glory. A time when great
adventures lay ahead, and danger lurked behind every corner. These are the
untold stories of Johnny Thunder and his trusted friends, and also of his
enemies. These are the...]

Bravo!  Very well done, I'm sure these would sell great if Lego marketed them.

Long live the Adventurers theme!

- G

Re: Lost Tales of the Adventurers (in vignettes)