 Adventurers / 1165
Re: next year
Newsgroups:
lugnet.adventurers
Date:
Wed, 25 Oct 2000 15:35:11 GMT

In lugnet.adventurers, Toki Barron writes:
Forgive me if I am asking something that has already been answered, but after
all of the excitement over in the starwars group over next years stuff, I was
wondering what next year holds for the Adventurers?  I don't think I've yet
read anything about their future.  If you look back at the posts here, there is
certainly some potential for some more great stuff, though I wouldn't mind if
Johnny Thunder and Baron von Barron were not included in every single set.

   Unfortunately I'm afraid the Adventurers line has burned itself
   out--perhaps not in our eyes, but in the eyes of TLC.  Three years
   is about the shelf-life of a theme, as far as I've been able to tell,
   so we shouldn't be surprised if 2000 is the final year of Adventur-
   ers.  It's all the more likely now that two entirely new lines are
   being introduced--Life on Mars and the Alpha Team.

   That said, I'd love to see it continue.  I know that at least I'll
   be stocking up on some of the 2000 sets for those great parts!

   best

   Lindsay