 Adventurers / 1168
Re: next year
Newsgroups:
lugnet.adventurers
Date:
Fri, 27 Oct 2000 08:10:26 GMT

  Unfortunately I'm afraid the Adventurers line has burned itself
  out--perhaps not in our eyes, but in the eyes of TLC.  Three years
  is about the shelf-life of a theme, as far as I've been able to tell,
  so we shouldn't be surprised if 2000 is the final year of Adventur-
  ers.

One of the things I'm really sad about, is that there are no new "past"
themes, subthemes, or sets for next year.  Adventurers,Pirates, Wild West
and Castle are all gone, or at least don't have any new sets .  Insted we
have Alpha Team(a subtheme of town?), Harry Potter, Movie Maker, Life on
Mars(a subtheme of space?), and Star Wars, all set in the present or future.
Why no more past stuff?  I don't know, but it really irks me.  But never
fear, fellow adventurers!  It looks like the Adventurers theme will live on
in the Movie Maker sets.

It's all the more likely now that two entirely new lines are
  being introduced--Life on Mars and the Alpha Team.

The LOM seems to be a return to the feel, if not the look, of classic space.
AT is another of lego's movie based themes (and subthemes). Time
Crusers/Twisters was the first (Back to the Future parts 1,2,and 3, Bill and
Ted,ect), Adventurers was the second (the three Indinia Jones and two
Jrassic Park
movies), and now Alpha Team (James Bond, ect).  That makes three, six if you
count the Movie Maker, Star Wars, and Harry Potter themes.

Adrick