 Administrative / General / 9404
9403  |  9405
Subject:
It is time to ban JAL.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Sun, 5 Aug 2001 18:32:54 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Hello,

I have been reading a lot of the posts from Jesse Alan Long, and paying
attention to the arguments going on there since they started.  I have posted
very rarely in response to him, mainly because I feel it has gone on far too
long, as most people here on Lugnet seem to feel.  His attitude started as a
beligerant ignorant child looking for attention, but even with all of the
help people have been trying to give him, his behavior has only gotten more
and more obnoxious.  If you observe this flagrant breaking of the TOS:

http://news.lugnet.com/people/?n=2508

you will see he has no reguard for the Lugnet community or the wishes of the
administration to keep profanity off the boards.

To be honest, I am not offended by swears, but they have NO place here on
Lugnet.  Lego is a child's toy mainly, and no one can deny that this site
attracts many youngsters who want to look at all the wonderful MOCs posted
and discussed here.  Lugnet should be a place for clean fun.  Jesse has
proven time and time again that he is not interested in "playing well" as
the saying goes.

Please ban Jesse Alan Long.  If the admin wishes to issue a warning, I doubt
it will help, but it may be worth a try.  He is continuing to sap the fun
from Lugnet, and turn it into a place of arguments, pointless posts, random
and off-topic religious parables, and he has done nothing to promote
building, discussing Lego, or acting as a positive member of the online
community that many people have devoted a lot of time to foster.

I hate that it has come to this point, and I am a patient person (as most of
us are) but it has just gone too far.  I have never seen anyone use language
like that on Lugnet, and while it doesn't offend me, I know of a lot of
people with children, and they shouldn't have to worry about their kids
reading Lugnet just because Jesse might get mad again.

I am not posting this as anyone special, and I have no personal agenda
against Mr. Long.  In fact I tried to help him a couple times in the .space
group.  I am just sick and tired of watching circular arguments, blame
tossing, name calling, outright lies, and now profane language sully my
favorite place on the internet.  He broke the TOS.  He has repeatedly
claimed he doesn't care about "netiquitte" and he offers nothing positive to
add to our discussions ever.  If this qualifies him for banning, he deserves it.

sincerely,
Joel Kuester