 Administrative / General / 8092
Re: My Stance
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Fri, 20 Oct 2000 19:30:40 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Tim Courtney writes:
"Lorbaat" <eric@nospam.thirteen.net> wrote in message
Why should he not express how he feels?

Why should he express that in a manner that attacks the community he claims
to want to be a part of?

I think you're confusing the Lugnet community with the LDraw community.  Don't.

And no one is forcing me to accept his apology either, but I have.  I think
that from the grave offenses he has already done us, this is the least of
what he owes to make up for it and show his sincerity.

I would think removing it, when he's made it clear he still doesn't feel it was
wrong, would be insincere.

Why should taking that off his site be a contingency of his being accepted
in
the community?  Do you really think that if he takes it down just because
you
and other people think say that will make it ok for him to be a member of
the
Lugnet community, that it will mean he feels differently about it?

It should be removed because he's still publicly slandering members of the
community - which is something he's apologized for doing.  Doing so or not
doing so shows his sincerity (or lack thereof).

Do you actually know the definition of the word slander?

From www.dictionary.com:

+++

slan·der (slander)
n.

         1.Law. Oral communication of false statements injurious to a person's
reputation.
         2.A false and malicious statement or report about someone.

+++

I'm pretty sure that James Jessiman is, in fact, dead.  To say that he is does
not constitute slander.

If I were to get his permission to place it on *my* site, and I did, would
you
say I should leave Lugnet?

That's way besides the point,

In what way?

and IMO a silly question with the intention of
playing Devil's advocate.

Yes, it's playing Devil's Advocate.  It's an important thought excercise,
though.  If it'll make it easier for you to think about, I could actually grab
it and throw it up, though.

How quickly will you then call for me to leave Lugnet as well?

eric