 Administrative / General / 8085
Re: My Stance
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Fri, 20 Oct 2000 18:57:41 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Tim Courtney writes:

I am outraged that anyone has the gall to post something to a group like
this.  His image 'James Jessiman is dead...DEAL WITH IT NOW' is the reason I
got started the other day in the flamewar against Matthew.  I also don't
believe that such an opinion should be advertised on his personal page when
he intends to use that page to display his work to this commuinty.

Its his right to hold such an opinion, no matter how disgusting it is, no
one can really say anything about it.

On the contrary, I believe if he truly desires to continue in this community
he should remove such references on his site, because they are extremely
offensive and the wound is still there from the other day.

Why should he not express how he feels?

If he leaves it there, and you don't like it, no one is forcing you to go to
his site and look at it, or to say that it's right.

Why should taking that off his site be a contingency of his being accepted in
the community?  Do you really think that if he takes it down just because you
and other people think say that will make it ok for him to be a member of the
Lugnet community, that it will mean he feels differently about it?

If I were to get his permission to place it on *my* site, and I did, would you
say I should leave Lugnet?

eric