 Administrative / General / 8081
Re: My Stance
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Fri, 20 Oct 2000 18:29:45 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Mike Stanley writes:
In lugnet.admin.general, Eric Joslin writes:

But if he's learned that the destructive
ranting posts are detrimental to the community, and he wants to be a
productive
part of it, and (this is the really important part) he actually manages to
keep
his anger at what he feels are slights from the online LEGO community in the
past from making him act destructively, then why ToSs him now?

He WAS TOSed.

And now he might be let back in.  So my question stands.

In this opportunity to "defend" or "explain" his actions he has
attempted to do so, in an obvious dishonest manner.

How can you be so sure that he's being dishonest?  What do you stand to lose if
he's given a chance to really show what he wants to do on Lugnet?

He's contradicted
himself,

Where?

offered hollow meaningless apologies,

How can you be sure they're hollow and meaningless?

and basically misrepresented
his history of this sort of thing in the past.

Actually, he's been quite forthright in representing his past- as he sees it.
He might be in denial about certain aspects of it (for example, I highly doubt
he was as victorious as he claims in his flame wars- no one wins a flame war,
and anyone who thinks they did is self-delusional) but I don't think he's
actively lying, and I don't think anyone here can say they are fully
self-aware, nor should it be a qualification for entry.  This isn't a Buddhist
temple of enlightenment, it's a place to talk about LEGO.

The balance, snipped and flushed.  I'm not going to argue in circles with you.

eric