 Administrative / General / 8063
Re: My Stance
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Fri, 20 Oct 2000 16:20:00 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Selçuk Göre writes:

I think a not so slight difference between not liking someone, and
ridiculing him/her with ugly ways just because you don't like his/her
software. I don't like Ldraw much, I use LeoCAD from the very beginning,
and think it is superior to Ldraw but I'm OFFENDED by his ugly graphic,
and more by his pathetic comments about James.

I'm not saying you shouldn't be offended.  I'm just saying that your offense at
his beliefs, or thoughts, or graphics on his webpage, or even what he says
here, doesn't constitute a good enough reason to ToSs him, IMHO.

To think otherwise is to open the door to all kinds of censorous behaviours and
activities.

Be offended.  Dislike him.  Loathe him.

Decry everything he says, tell him every one of his models is the worst thing
you've ever seen.

Or ignore him, and have no interaction with him at all.

But don't try and say that just because he has a thought that differs from
yours that he doesn't have a right to take part in the Lugnet community.

eric