 Administrative / General / 6305
  Re: Creating Lugent Rating Criteria

(...) this (...) Well, I'm no computer whiz but it doesn't seem like it'd too hard. After all, on the page after you post there are links to every group you posted in, and those are created on the fly, isn't that so? ...so how hard is it to create (...) (24 years ago, 21-Apr-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Creating Lugent Rating Criteria

(...) the problem I think isn't in generating the page, but in storing the information. Right now, each message has only one set of ratings to keep track of... kinda like one rating file per message. But if you have to keep track of the rating in (...) (24 years ago, 21-Apr-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Decisions (Was: Re: Creating Lugent Rating Criteria)

(...) I'm just advocating objectivity and consideration, rather than optimism. I trust that Todd put a lot of individual thought into the original system, but that didn't stop confusion and peoples feelings getting hurt. The replacement should be (...) (24 years ago, 21-Apr-00, to lugnet.admin.general) !

  Re: Decisions (Was: Re: Creating Lugent Rating Criteria)

In lugnet.admin.general, Richard Franks writes: <snip> (...) what if there was a group .admin.server to discuss and test new features? That way, we'll move this traffic from .admin.general, (since I agree that it doesn't really belong here), and (...) (24 years ago, 21-Apr-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

  (canceled)

  Re: Decisions (Was: Re: Creating Lugent Rating Criteria)

(...) I think something like admin.server would be useful, at the moment normal admin.general traffic is getting drowned. Maybe admin.playground would convey the testing-ground message? (...) At the moment, members have cookies that tell LUGNET to (...) (24 years ago, 22-Apr-00, to lugnet.admin.general)