 Administrative / General / 6222
    Re: Opinions wanted: article rating harmful? (was: New feature: Article rating) —Dan Boger
   (...) I, personally, like the rating system. I do understand the emotion that I attach to my posts, and while I know I don't always post something useful, it does stab (a tiny bit) when I see it marked down... So I guess I wouldn't want to have it (...) (24 years ago, 20-Apr-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

        Re: Opinions wanted: article rating harmful? (was: New feature: Article rating) —Todd Lehman
   (...) In some form, yes, but it's greatly lacking in that it has no way of learning your personal preferences. Already there are 180 CLSotW past picks, and just to go through all of them (even on a T1 or a T3) would probably take someone several (...) (24 years ago, 20-Apr-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

        Re: Opinions wanted: article rating harmful? (was: New feature: Article rating) —Dan Boger
   (...) so something like /lugnet/publish/sites or /lugnet/announce/site where you (or someone) can post a site, has to set a FUT to someplace else... perhaps instead of the regular message post form, you do it with a special form that will ask for (...) (24 years ago, 20-Apr-00, to lugnet.admin.general)