 Administrative / General / 6224
Re: Opinions wanted: article rating harmful? (was: New feature: Article rating)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Thu, 20 Apr 2000 18:39:26 GMT

In some form, yes, but it's greatly lacking in that it has no way of learning
your personal preferences.  Already there are 180 CLSotW past picks, and just
to go through all of them (even on a T1 or a T3) would probably take someone
several days.

I believe there are also hundreds of sites out there which escape notice
too easily.  I just took a thorough look at Tom Stangl's website today, for
example, and I was totally blown away by it.  I'm not sure if I'd ever seen
the whole thing before -- only bits & pieces of it.  I wish I could rate it
very highly somewhere as a recommendation for people to check it out.  I
could post a message about it, but that's so transient -- not persistent
enough.

so something like /lugnet/publish/sites or /lugnet/announce/site where you (or
someone) can post a site, has to set a FUT to someplace else...  perhaps
instead of the regular message post form, you do it with a special form that
will ask for Author name, email and description?

feh, I had some other ideas for it, but this blinding headache is confusing
me... :/

More on this later.

Dan