 Administrative / General / 5562
Re: New feature: Article rating
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Sun, 26 Mar 2000 18:23:11 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

In lugnet.admin.general, Mike Stanley writes:
Still don't like it.  And what's to prevent people from memorizing that
password and using it on other systems?  [...]

Excellent point.  Thanks.  You've just demonstrated that a machine generated
password does absolutely nothing to ensure (as in 100%) that a password is
actually unique to a particular system.  It makes it more probable, but doesn't
unconditionally guarantee it.

(A side chuckle:  In some future world where retinal scans are commonplace,
you're kinda limited there to two passwords.  :-)

--Todd