 Administrative / General / 5561
Re: New feature: Article rating
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Sun, 26 Mar 2000 18:08:17 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

In lugnet.admin.general, Eric Joslin writes:
In lugnet.admin.general, Mike Stanley writes:
On Sun, 26 Mar 2000 17:10:17 GMT, "Lorbaat" <eric@nospam.thirteen.net>
wrote:

LUGNET is a user-based community.  Right now it is a user-based
community with an anti-user password system.

A password system that, I remind you, controls your access to *two* things-
neither one of which even approaches being essential to normal use.

Well, there you go.  I didn't even know there was something else that
required you to sign in to access it.  So that is two features right now
that I cannot access (as a paid member) unless I choose to compromise the
same security these silly machine-generated passwords are supposed to protect.

That's two features now - maybe 20 features in 6 months.

I'd say if BN.com, Amazon.com, X.com, and others (all of which either store
my credit card info or my money) can let me pick a password, LUGNET can.