 Administrative / Database / 1763
Re: box photos for set 371 Motorized Truck....
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.database
Date:
Fri, 15 Oct 2004 15:31:55 GMT

In lugnet.admin.database, Clark Stephens wrote:
   Appologies for tagging onto an olde post, but I wanted to add some information for anyone searching about this set. I saw an auction for this set that included the set box and shipping box. Unfortunately, I didn’t save the auction, but I did save pictures of the box: http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/ClarkCorner/LuggieScans/set371shippingbox.jpg http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/ClarkCorner/LuggieScans/set371boxside.jpg The pictures are directly from the auction. I didn’t save a picture of the box front, it may have not been included in the auction. That’s all I know about it. HTH, Clark

I’m also continuing the trend of adding to a very old post...

I found someone selling pages from a 1969 Sears catalog on ebay and saved the image:

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/estrand/Vintage-Ads/lego_ad_1969_sears_catalog.jpg

Set 371 is clearly on the right page and I can barely read “sears cuts prices” which hints that the set had been out previous to 1969.

Eric