 Administrative / Database / 1368
1367  |  1369
Subject:
Once again the suspicious set 371....
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.database
Date:
Sun, 27 Jan 2002 04:59:43 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

Dear Lego Fans!

by chance I came along at the entry for set 371 at lugnet database once again.

It is now early morning after a night with some glasses of whine and lots of
none-Lego distraction in a saturday night in Brunswick, so please be patient
with my request...

But I really do doubt set 371 can be from 1976 as given here:
http://guide.lugnet.com/set/371_2
That is definitely wrong. That Set 371 (if there ever has been a third 371)
should have been from 1967. This truck comes with the 100 motorset from 1966,
which has been discontinued in 1968. Surely no chance for this set to be from
1976.

So maybe 371 is a set from 1967 (instead of 1976), if it is a set at all. I
still do doubt its existance, since noone ever found another copy of its
building instruction till today. That one 371, that came up over a year ago has
been the only hint for a 3rd 371 set, but no other hint has ever occured.

The 371 instruction at brickshelf is so full of mistakes, that one easily could
assume it is only a draft for a set (or a very bad fake?) and has never been
sold as regular set at all.... (I do not dare to judge if it is only a fake in
the end.)

I really would like to see a discussion started again now, if set 371 is in
fact a set which is worth to be published at Lugnet in the database. If it is,
it should at least put into the year 1967 instead of 1976. (But why 1967 and
not 1966 or 1968?) What has been the reason for taking 371 into the year it
appears in?

Kind Regards,

Ben

BTW: There are still a few old train part sets missing in the database and
others are without picture. To fix this, I uploaded pictures of some sets at
brickshelf
Is it Dan Boger to do this work for the lugnet database? If so, please Dan feel
free to contact me for further info if needed.