 Znap / 56
  Re: Pronunciation

Personally, I do try to adopt Danish pronunciations. Anyone correct me if I'm wrong. (Especially a Dane if you're tuning in) But this is my understanding. The Danish pronunciation is NOT with an American "Zee". I would suggest you think of it as (...) (24 years ago, 20-Apr-00, to lugnet.znap)

  Re: Pronunciation

(...) That's how I pronounce it; but I'm not Dane so it doesn't mean anything ;-) (...) Well - this is definitely the way I pronounce these two. Is this new to other people? (...) Oh! In the "LEGO island" game, I recall that the opening scene had (...) (24 years ago, 20-Apr-00, to lugnet.znap)

  Re: Pronunciation

(...) I've heard tell.. that a lego rep pronouced it skAY-la... so i've been saying it that way, though skAH-lah was easier to pronouce. (24 years ago, 21-Apr-00, to lugnet.znap)

  Re: Pronunciation

(...) The "z" is not commonly used in Scandinavian languages. In fact, it only appears in some word "lent" from other languages. In these cases, there are no clear rules of pronunciations. In stead, each individual occurence of words with "z" in (...) (24 years ago, 21-Apr-00, to lugnet.znap)

  Re: Pronunciation

(...) LEGO Denmark staff pronounces this one: skAH-lah (not SCALE-uh) -Suz (24 years ago, 21-Apr-00, to lugnet.znap, lugnet.scala)