 Znap / 181
Re: My impression of Znap
Newsgroups:
lugnet.znap
Date:
Tue, 26 Sep 2000 10:26:58 GMT

"John Barnes" <barnes@sensors.com> writes:

There is some compatibility with Technic and I will save the pieces for
those impossible occasions when I just cannot find a good way to do
something.
At any rate, I was pleased with my onsale purchase.

I was disheartened by a previous lugneteer who was very disparaging
about Znap. I think most of us have bought the on sale sets to garner
the motors, wires and battery boxes, only to be surprised by what
Znap is capable of.

Me too ;-)

My ZNAP history stated with a few Dino Jets (3551) from
a Toys'R'Us sale (I think I got them from less than 1 US$ apiece),
but last week I bought a Hover-Sub (3552) for the included motor
to expand my Mindstorms parts...

The it happened... My wife, who barely tolerates my hobby
but is otherwise a decidedly Non-Lego-Spouse, built the car from
this set and won't allow me to disassemble it ;-) Hey, you would
think that adult people wouldn't sit in the two opposing corners
of the room, eating popcorn and sending that car to and fro' like
two children playing with a ball ;-)

The good part is, she allowed me to buy a few more 3552's
if I promise that I will not disassemble her car ;-)

Regards,
Hakan

--
"Any sufficiently advanced bug is indistinguishable from a feature"