 Znap / 180
Re: My impression of Znap
Newsgroups:
lugnet.znap
Date:
Mon, 25 Sep 2000 22:28:39 GMT

>There is some compatibility with Technic and I will save the pieces for
>those impossible occasions when I just cannot find a good way to do
>something.
>At any rate, I was pleased with my onsale purchase.

I was disheartened by a previous lugneteer who was very disparaging
about Znap. I think most of us have bought the on sale sets to garner
the motors, wires and battery boxes, only to be surprised by what
Znap is capable of.

There are quite a few Znap pieces which are somewhat whimsical. The
swoopy curvy pieces for example. But after you buy half a dozen motor's
worth of sets, you start to collect a usable quantity of the simpler
pieces, like the straight beams, which can be built into quite rugged
structures. Far from falling apart, I have, on occasion had trouble getting
pieces apart. As far as attaching technic "modules" to a Znap frame,
I note that the black technic pegs fit the Znap holes ok, but not that
tight. (The grey ones are too loose.) What I have found is that if
technic parts are attached on both sides of the Znap beams with the
extra long black pegs, everything hangs together pretty well.

I just wish that TLG had allowed the product a little longer to mature
before pulling the plug (which I have to assume they have done). There
are a number of basic shapes which should have been made and
weren't. And too many curvy swoopy ones which make outlines for
wings and things and little else.

JB