 Year / 2004 / 61
Re: New 2004 set photos
Newsgroups:
lugnet.year.2004, lugnet.pirates
Date:
Fri, 6 Feb 2004 10:45:33 GMT

In lugnet.year.2004, Frank Filz wrote:

"Ka-On Lee" <ko_lee@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:HsMAw8.17rw@lugnet.com...
Tons of new sets photos are showing up!

http://www.brickset.com/search.aspx?show=New

Hmm, some interesting parts:

4x4x1 "macaroni" brick to match the 4x4 curved walls.
New pirate sails (plus "giant" pirates)

   The macaroni bricks I'm really looking forward to--
   alas, they're in the new greys, but...darn if I won't
   find some way to use them.

   Giant pirates:  Do we have something to look forward
   to, Frank?  :D

I think I like the new Alpha Team sets. I will certainly get at least one of
each of the Pirate Junior sets, and might get multiple of some of them. It
will be interesting to see how these sets work out, they might be very nice
for the Pirate Game, and perhaps people will sell the creator figs cheap on
BrickLink so people could get decent quantities of them for use in the game.

   And those look like new masts.  If their size allows
   them to expand the current mast system, I'm happy.  I
   don't know about that new large hull, but I'll give it
   a whirl.

   Incidentally: I bought four sets of 3 large dice each (1.25"+ on
   a side) in colors for the Pirate Game.  I can send them to you if
   you want, or else just bring them if I can make it to Brickfest
   this year (with my prepped and ready box of cutters).

   best

   LFB