 Year / 2003 / 99
Re: More new sets for 2003
Newsgroups:
lugnet.year.2003
Date:
Tue, 11 Feb 2003 08:49:47 GMT

In lugnet.year.2003, Nathan Wells writes:
In lugnet.year.2003, Frank Filz writes:
Tim Courtney wrote:

In lugnet.year.2003, Thomas Stangl writes:

The cars are nice, but the trolley/suspended car ROCKS!  It looks like it is
using 2 of the windshields from the Super Chief.

Look closer... those windshields are bowed out, not like the SFSC's
flat-across windshield. There's the side panes that are set back from where
they should be were it flat, that's how you can tell...

Is this a new piece? I know I've seen it before, but I forget where...and it
was recent.

I'm thinking the cable car may only be 4-wide, in which case the
windshield could be the 3x4 car windshield (2437 or 4688).

http://guide.lugnet.com/partsref/search.cgi?q=2437
http://guide.lugnet.com/partsref/search.cgi?q=4688

Frank

Looking at this pic: http://www.brickset.com/search.aspx?Set=4852-1, I'm
fairly certain the cable car is 6 stud wide.

Those cars are VERY cool!

Nathan Wells

The cable car's windshield is the same as in Jack Stone set 4652 (in
orange). Brickset has a very clear picture of this:
http://www.brickset.com/search.aspx?Set=4652-1. So the cable car is 6-wide.

Rick.