 Year / 2003 / 93
Re: More new sets for 2003
Newsgroups:
lugnet.year.2003, lugnet.trains
Date:
Sun, 9 Feb 2003 17:31:34 GMT

In lugnet.year.2003, Lindsay Frederick Braun writes:

  That was what I meant.  A double rail (given the wheels
  used to hold it up) would be necessary.  I'll buy a few,
  I think.  At least a few.

I have bad eyes but I thought these were not small train wheels but rather
the same sort of wheels used in the Hogwarts Express. In that case only a
single rail is required since they have flanges on both sides. (1)

And further, and more exciting, in that case, one can introduce curves using
the rest of the old 12v/ 4.5v track pieces (two radii, no less!). And most
exciting of all, this setup seems (marginally) easier to motorise than the
tinypeg train wheels arrangmenet would be.

YMMV of course

1 - What is being simulated is a cable car, after all... daintier carriers
are better.

++Lar