 Year / 2003 / 92
Re: More new sets for 2003
Newsgroups:
lugnet.year.2003
Date:
Sun, 9 Feb 2003 15:34:30 GMT

In lugnet.year.2003, Mike Walsh writes:

"Mr L F Braun" <braunli1@pilot.msu.edu> wrote in message
news:HA0qKw.HMo@lugnet.com...
In lugnet.year.2003, Brendan Powell Smith writes:
In lugnet.year.2003, Tobbe Arnesson writes:
Bigger photo: http://www.brickset.com/search.aspx?Set=4852-1

That's not a monorail track that cable car is running across, is it?

   It looks like 1x16 track to me.

   LFB

I think it is sections of 12v track adjacent to each other.

See this scan from 4555:
http://library.brickshelf.com/scans/4000/4555/4555-21.html

I'd bet it essentially the same thing.  The track appears to anchor at the
ends as well as on the bridge towers.  In 4555 the small train wheels were
put on airplane axels, I'd bet the cable car does the exact same thing.

This looks like a good set to me!

   That was what I meant.  A double rail (given the wheels
   used to hold it up) would be necessary.  I'll buy a few,
   I think.  At least a few.

   best

   LFB