 Year / 2003 / 151
Re: FBTB's Coverage of NY Toy Fair 2003
Newsgroups:
lugnet.year.2003
Date:
Thu, 20 Feb 2003 15:07:15 GMT

In lugnet.year.2003, Tim Saupé writes:
I've just 40 more images from Spidey, Potter, Trains, World City and the
cool new Make and Create - enjoy!

http://www.fbtb.net

2003 is shaping up to be a very good year.  The Star Wars stuff looks great
as usual (woohoo, an AT-AT!), but the Model Team, Inventor, Designer, and
Discovery sets steal the show.  They appear to have great parts at great prices.

219 pcs for $10:
http://www.fbtb.net/ny2003/4097.JPG

197 pcs for $10:
http://www.fbtb.net/ny2003/4098.JPG

821 pcs for $50 (wow):
http://www.fbtb.net/ny2003/7470.JPG

I'm going to be spending a lot of money this year.

Minifigs must be really expensive to make, because the sets with them
(Orient Expedition) cost twice as much, in $ per piece.

The only disappointment is the hockey line.  Being a real hockey nut, I was
hoping for a game similar to soccer and basketball.  It's a shame, because
anyone who has ever played table hockey knows the game would adapt to Lego
so nicely.

Jeff J