 Year / 2002 / 36
Re: This is scaring me...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.year.2002, lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Fri, 20 Apr 2001 10:59:02 GMT

It would be awsome if they did both! :-)

--
Chef/Dan/Bubba Bear
ICQ:84584424

Bradley Dale <dinosauria_ca@yahoo.ca> wrote in message
Most people love the idea of being able to design sets online and order • them.
I don't like it.  I might try it, but I really hope that TLC continues to
design sets to sell in stores.  Here's why having all LEGO online would be
bad--

- They would charge shipping, and it would be in US$.
- Then I would have to wait a week to build my set.
- There would be no surprises in the construction.  I would really miss • that.
- Technic sets wouldn't feature brilliant mechanisms that hadn't already
occured to me.  And I'm not good at designing Technic.
- Lego.com often requires certain programs, and doesn't always work.
- Not all kids even have the internet, I've heard.  But, by 2002...
- No more excitement of finding a new set in a store.  :(
- No more clearance sales! That wouldn't be fun!
and worst of all
- If all LEGO sets were personally designed online, how would my non-LEGO
family to give me LEGO for Christmas?

Please, please tell me that there will be new pre-designed sets filling • the
shelves of Zellers and TRU in 2002!  Buying bulk bricks is a nice option, • but
it would be too far if the only way to get a new LEGO set was to design • it.

I've probably misunderstood something here, but I need someone to tell me • that
this isn't happening!