 Year / 2002 / 24
Re: This is scaring me...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.year.2002, lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Mon, 18 Dec 2000 14:00:41 GMT

In lugnet.year.2002, Matthew Miller writes:
Bradley Dale <dinosauria_ca@yahoo.ca> wrote:
- There would be no surprises in the construction.  I would really miss that.
- Technic sets wouldn't feature brilliant mechanisms that hadn't already
occured to me.  And I'm not good at designing Technic.

But think of this: there are people here who design way better technic
models than Lego ever does. You could buy *those* as sets!

Indeed. Assuming TLC solves the "license one person's design so others can
order it" problem in a way that makes it attractive for designers to
contribute, and in a way that makes it easy for consumers to find "the good
stuff".

Some people have submitted suggestions to TLC about this topic, we'll see
what transpires.

If it works out correctly it will be very very cool.

++Lar