 Year / 2002 / 289
Re: Spiderman pics
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.year.2002
Date:
Mon, 14 Jan 2002 11:55:22 GMT

In lugnet.general, Ive Sorocuk writes:
Why can't I find any mention of these on Lugnet? Did I miss something? Is it
old news?

Anyway I think they look pretty cool, tho the green goblin could look a little
better

http://www.toymania.com/news/messages/1538.shtml

Ive - thanks for posting this link.  I hadn't seen those particular pictures
of the new Spidey sets.  To answer your questions - I'm not sure why you
can't find mention of these on LUGNET.  There were several messages posted
in the last week as pictures started to show up on various sites.  A search
of all LUGNET newsgroups on "Spiderman" returns about 40 results.

On the other hand, a lot of folks only pop in once in a while and don't
bother to read EVERY message on LUGNET so there are probably folks seeing
your message and "hearing" about this for the first time.  So thanks again.

-I'd like to see Lego get the Justice League licence next

I'm with you about the JLA figs.  Ever since seeing Craig Hamilton's custom
superhero figs ( http://community-1.webtv.net/anonymouseye/supercraigolego/
) I've thought this would be a great line for LEGO.  Beyond the figs
themselves there would also appear to be other great building opportunities
such as the Batmobile, Wonder Woman's Invisible Plane (all trans-white
bricks) or perhaps The Fortress of Solitude.

In the meantime though, I'm pretty satisfied with what 2002 has to offer in
the way of new figs - Spiderman, Count Dracula, Frankenstein's Monster, etc.

Greg