 Year / 2002 / 258
Re: Mini-Fig Skateboards!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.year.2002
Date:
Thu, 3 Jan 2002 16:42:52 GMT

"Greg Perry" <supernerd23@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:GpDF46.Ho6@lugnet.com...
I was browsing the Marz Distributors site today because of a posting with
the news that they had pictures of the new Studios Monster Movie sets
available.  While devouring the pics of the new LEGO mini-fig werewolf,
dracula and mad scientist, I noticed the new Xtreme sets with various stunt
themes.

The one that really caught my eye and one that I know my nephews will be
crazy for is the Xtreme Skateboard challenge.  Finally we're going to have
some mini-fig skateboards (set has 3) and curved pieces for building some ramps.

Here's a page with a picture of this set:
http://www.marzdistribution.com/insideMarz/moreinfo.cfm?ID=LEGO-6738

I'm looking forward to making use of these skateboards in my LEGO animation
projects.  I'm also excited because this set includes pieces in the light
yellow color.  I'm been collecting pieces in this color from Belville sets
for a future building project.

As mentioned, I also think this set will be a hit with my nephews (6,9,14),
all of whom are both LEGO maniacs and skateboarding fans.  In the past
couple of years they started collecting little miniature skateboards and
stunt bicycles that can actually be taken apart with tiny tools to swap out
wheels, boards, sets, handlebars etc.  The little skateboards actually have
skate park scenes you can purchase but there are no Tony Hawk (or whoever)
figures included.  According to my nephews you "play" with the skateboards
by riding them with your index and middle fingers.  Anyone else familiar
with this strange (to me) toy craze?

Anyway, since they love LEGO (and Uncle Greg's LEGO collection) I'm sure
they're going to go ape over having a LEGO skateboard park that they can now
build and play with.  I look forward to making sure that Santa brings this
to them next year.

A direct rip off of the mega blocks sets

Lego seem devoid of inspiration.
If it is not a movie licence then they stoop to copying the cloners!

lawrence