 Year / 2001 / 780
Re: Much to my surprise, Racers are kind of cool!!!!!!!! (4567 Surfer)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.year.2001
Date:
Tue, 27 Feb 2001 04:24:57 GMT

In lugnet.reviews, Paul Gyugyi writes:
All three of my kids expected a car about three times the size,
after seeing comercials, magazine adverts and the box size.
I'm expecting to read about a class action suit any day now...
really, I was quite embarased at buying something smaller than
a Matchbox car in a 100+ cubic inch package, and I knew how big
a six-stud-long car was to begin with.

I could nawwwwt believe my eyes when I saw how small those little
buggers are.  Although I am sooooo not in the target market, it was
still disappointing to see.

The cars come with a stat sheet, showing ratings for the speed,
control, and accel of the cars.  These obviously will match the
forthcoming video game, but are kind of useless.  [...]

Oh, that's what those ratings are for?  OK, that kinda makes sense now.
When I thought of them as pure toys, it seemed totally bizarre and false
marketingish.

--Todd