 Year / 2001 / 38
Re: Alpha Team Equipment
Newsgroups:
lugnet.year.2001
Date:
Wed, 25 Oct 2000 18:44:09 GMT

Lorbaat wrote:

Is it just me, or does it look like Alpha Team bought a lot of surplus
Res-Q equipment when their spy department was founded?

I must agree that it looks a lot like Res-Q, but I like that color
scheme (Blacktron I with trans-blue instead of trans-yellow) so I don't
mind.  It looks like they have a Divers sub, too.

The black/yellow/trans-antifreeze/trans-blue scheme appears to be the
good guys whereas the black/grey/red/trans-red is the bad guys.

There are certainly some interesting pieces
That helicopter has the funky click-hing pieces from the podracer set in
trans-antifreeze and the thing in the lower left has them in red.  Two
creative uses for a piece which I thought would be useless. Both sets
appear to use the new click-hinge/technic adapter pieces. cool!
The other cool click-hinge piece here is the trans-red star wars canopy.

The minifigs with skeleton heads (zombies or something) have cool hats
and red shoulder-thingies (I don't remember what they're called, but
they'll make the pirate people happy)

People have already commented on the red arctic wall.

It looks like the big base is on some sort of baseplate.  Is this an
existing baseplate with new printing, or is it all new?  It looks like
it might be good for castles.  (It's dark grey, with a staircase of some
sort, which appears to have light grey stone printing)

It looks like this will be a good way to get hair, although that new red
one sure is wacky.  Good for space marines and such, though.

theh lower right corner of the big base has what appears to be a curved
wall. It looks like it's 5 bricks high, like the 1x2x5 bricks which they
use way too much in that base (very much like the construction of some
of the ninja buildings)

--
Tim Buchheim