 Year / 2001 / 235
Re: Harry Potter LEGO- what happened?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.year.2001, lugnet.year.2002
Date:
Tue, 7 Nov 2000 22:54:24 GMT

In lugnet.general, Bradley Dale writes:
Weren't these supposed to be part of the 2001 line?  Are they moved to 2002, or
just later in 2001?  I can't get myself to like the books, but the theme does
seem promising.  I remember seeing a tv interview on 60 minutes when the first
Harry Potter book came out.   The authour, Rowlings or whoever, said that she
wanted the toys (not LEGO specifically) to be good, and if she didn't like them
she would tell kids not to buy them.  Also, I read in a magazine that the
target audience for the new Goblet of Fire book was about 13-14.  Evidence
seems to suggest that this will not be Jr., and perhaps even of Star Wars
quality.

The press release says that the Harry Potter line of LEGO will arrive
shortly before the movie does, in November of 2001.
http://www.lego.com/info/pressspecific.asp?PressReleaseId=111&Year=2000
They will probably show up in the Summer 2001 catalogue as a one page preview.

~Nathan
http://www.geocities.com/castle_world_temp/
http://www.uniquesurf.com/default.asp?rid=DeadlyDingo