 Year / 1971 / 11
Re: Samsonite Info
Newsgroups:
lugnet.year.1971, lugnet.db.brictionary
Date:
Mon, 4 Feb 2002 05:06:03 GMT

In lugnet.year.1971, Matthew Gerber writes:
In lugnet.year.1971, Clark Stephens writes:
In lugnet.year.1971, Paul Klenk writes:
some have specks of who-knows-what on them,
are these white specks? I've seen white specks on several collections I
bought. I orginally thought it was paint splatter, but I keep seeing it. I
wonder if it's something to do with the bricks? I've never succeded in
cleaning it off though.

Hee-hee...are these specks VERY small (>1mm), and vary from bright white to
pale grey? Are they nearly impossible to clean off without really digging at
them with a fingernail or tool? I thought that they were paint at one time
myself, when restoring some old furniture...but they aren't.

I don't have any of these to examine. I would think they are some product of
decay, or maybe an original impurity. One theory: the plastic has a flaw
that is widening; think of when your plastic turns white when you bend it to
the point of breaking.