 Western/Wild West / 573
572  |  574
Subject:
what new sets would you want?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.western
Date:
Mon, 4 Mar 2002 22:13:23 GMT

Hi all,

In the very unlikely (IMO) event that Lego would release new sets, what
would you look for?  Mostly I would like a wider variety of townspeople
(including women) and daily life stuff.  On this last, the general store in
Gold City junction should have had more things like the existing fruit and
carrot pieces or new pieces for sacks of flour or other staples than simply
selling a lot more guns and dynamite.

My set suggestions:

Saloon - swinging doors, a piano, a bar, a table with some of those tiles
decorated as playing cards.  Four figs - the green bad guy, the blue cowboy,
a new bartender fig, another new townsperson fig  (okay, it is highly
unlikely that Lego would make a bar, but every western movie has one)

Settler's Wagon - a wagon similar to the weapons wagon, but with a couple of
boxes, four new figs - ma, pa, two kids with stubby-legs - and a new ox/cow
animal*

Train Station - a station house with one of the my own train small engines.
Four figs - an engineer, a conductor, a man and a woman.  Perfect set for
cross-theming between Western and Trains.

Cattle Roundup - a cowboy, a horse, and two of the new ox animals from
Settler's Wagon, maybe some personal effects for the cowboy like the
campfire and pan from set 6721, Sheriff's Showdown

Family Homestead - Pa and a child from the Settler's Wagon set, the ox, a
plow, a bunch of carrots (or other new food pieces like corn), a small barn
or house

*more on the new ox animal - it would have a body similar to the horse, but
the tail would be different, a slightly different head with a little clip to
put that horn piece from the islanders sets.  Varieties could be in black,
gray, and white with black spots for a holstien.**

**C'mon Lego!  Make us a cow!  That's got to be way more useful across
various themes (town, castle, train, western) than that animal from Gungun
Patrol!

Bruce