 Western/Wild West / 517
Re: Army Sizes?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.western
Date:
Thu, 15 Nov 2001 19:27:58 GMT

Hey Joe.

How far is Fairfax from Franklin, Va?

  It is about 3 hours.  Little too far for getting anything together.

I was thinking about grouping units into round numbers. I.E. a platoon would be
about 20 men. A company is 40 men, two companies make a regiment, two regiments
make a division. So a division is roughly 160 men. Two Divisions make an army. 4
companies of Infantry, 2 company of cavalry and 2 special weapons platoons (
artillery or sharpshooter,etc. ) per Division. The breakdown of officers and NCOs
to regular soldiers is something that I haven't even tackled. Since General
officers seem to abound within the lego ranks, I have resorted to using them as
Cavalry officers. I use White eupalets to distinguish my senior ranking officers
( with stars of course ).

  That is a real good way to split the troops.  Much better than my way.  i
was thining too big.  I am using the White eupalets as well.  I also have
used the yellow for the Lts.

I was going to also make a supply corps with 6-8 wagons and a few extra soldiers.
They would also provide a target for the rebel soldiers to attack. I haven't
thought this one out too thoroughly. But it would make an interesting additon to
a MOC.

  That would make a neat MOC.  A supply corps is so critical.  Finding the
weapons wagons cheap is getting harder and harder.

  Also wondering if anybody here is going to be entering any MOC into the
International System Creativity Contest?
http://www.creativity-contest.net/.  I am working on my big fort and battle
scene to submit.  Time to get back to writing that paper.  TTFN

  Nate
Peace Love LEGO