 Western/Wild West / 515
Re: Army Sizes?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.western
Date:
Sun, 4 Nov 2001 19:14:30 GMT

Wow, that is a fairly large army you have ammased.  Quite cool.  In answer
to your question I have 101 Union Soldiers split into 67 Inf., 32 Cal., and 1
Sharpshooter.  On the Confederate side I have 44 total split into 42 Inf.
and 2 Cal. I am aiming to get 100 Union infantry to represent a regiment of
Union Soldiers.  I plan on using a 10:1 ratio for most everything.

I have quite a bit of interest in wargaming with the soldiers.  It would be
quite cool.  I am not in the D.C. area yet, but next year I am planning on
attending Grad School at George Washinton University.  However I will be
down in the Fairfax Station, VA. area for Thanksgiving.  Wouldn't mind maybe
setting up some sort of gathering or something.  Let me know.  Can't help
you with the Digital camera except to say that I really like my Sony Mavica.

Can't wait to see the website and all those soldiers in one place.

Nate

In lugnet.western, Josiah Nicely writes:
Just putting a feeler out for army sizes. I'm in the process of putting up a
webpage as time allows, which isn't a whole lot. But my question is, how big
are some of the armies out there? And what is a good unit size? I'm kicking
around about 300 blue soldiers and 150 rebels. I want to make an artillery
unit and a cavalry unit ( I've got about 80 horse extra that aren't assigned
to anything else and 30 cannon or so ).

Also, is there any great interest in Wargaming with soldiers, especially in
the Washington DC area. I'm kinda new here, but It seems like there might be
somebody.

And lastly, if anyone has any tips on digital cameras ( for those snazzy
pictures ), give me a holler. I need to get one, otherwise the website is
kind of a moot point.

Thanks

- Joe Nicely
"Semper Fi - More than words... It's a way of life."