 Underground / 277
Re: strange observation on Rock Raiders
Newsgroups:
lugnet.underground
Date:
Mon, 5 Feb 2001 13:28:50 GMT

Chris Barker wrote:

Some might think this a bit odd, but I was looking at the Rock Raiders
minifigs in a Kabaya set and it occurred to me that the male figures
look "gay".  I was reminded of a Simpsons episode where Bart and Homer
visit the steel mill ("We work hard so we play hard").

I hadn't really given the issue any thought.  I think that the younger ones

(Axle, Jet, and the orange-suited mechanic guy) look more "punk" than
"gay", and there's nothing obviously gay about the older ones - but, if you

want them to be, then they are in your world. 8)

Any thoughts on why the Chief's cybernetic arm is teal?

I don't mean this in any insulting way at all, but perhaps this theme is
a tribute to hard working homosexual men and women everywhere?

I doubt it - TLC seems to be kind of conservative in their attitudes
(notice
it's always the women doing the cooking, etc), so paying a tribute to
homosexuals isn't very likely.  I think they're just supposed to be space
miners.

(In the old days, there wouldn't have even been a "supposed to be". There
just would have been 'figs, no names, no explanations.)