 Underground / 216
Re: Chiefs arm?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.underground
Date:
Tue, 19 Sep 2000 15:21:50 GMT

In lugnet.underground, Eric Joslin writes:
In lugnet.underground, Sergio Guerra writes:

King Leo
is supposed to be old,

No, King Leo has a white beard.  It doesn't say he's old.  As someone who sees
more and more white at my temples every day (and yet is only 26) I would take
a certain amount of umbrage with the assertion that a white beard means he's
"old".

Oh thank you, thank you, thank you.  I grew out my formerly red beard for a
week recently.  It isn't even gray anymore - it's white, and I'm *not* 50.

But then again, my moustache is still (mostly) red, so King Leo is 50+.
Robbing da cradle wit' Queen Leonora, no doubt.  :-)

but Queen Leonora looks young, like Princess Storms
age. What's up with that?

I wouldn't say she looked as young as Princess Storm.  She always looked • fairly
matronly to me... but that might be simply because I have always assumed Leo • is
the King, Leonora is the Queen, and Storm is the Princess, their daughter.

But, still, I don't think that King Leo and Queen Leonora are all that odd a
couple.  You don't have to look far to find a <ahem> "distinguished" looking
man with a youthful looking woman that are in reality almost the same age.

Ahhhh, but they didn't have Clairol in the middle ages....

Or, look at it this way:  To me, Leo looks a lot like Sean Connery.  Sean is
getting on in years now, but he's looked mostly the same for quite a few.  I
don't find it hard to beleive that he'd be married to a woman of similar years
who had managed to retain a large part of her youthful beauty.

eric

Sir Sean is 70 - which certainly shows that the King could be over 50 and
still quite active.  It's good to be king.

Bruce