 Trains / Train Organizations / TCLTC / 183
Re: New Year's Resolution #1: Post to LUGNET more often!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains.org.tcltc, lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 5 Jan 2012 23:55:36 GMT

In lugnet.trains.org.tcltc, John Neal wrote:
   In lugnet.trains.org.tcltc, Anthony Sava wrote:

   But then again I never participated in rec.toys.lego, so I guess old is relative.

:D

Yeah, I did a few months on RTL before I joined LUGNET, but then there are those who would say that they participated on ATL, so it is relative, but it doesn’t go back much further for online oldness!

Now, if you say that you started in LEGO trains with the 4.5 volt battery system, you are a dinosaur! But if that track was blue, then wow, you are older than dirt!

JOHN

Hummm... my first train was 182 which was battery powered on blue rails...

I was around for all that other stuff except ATL, which had just been abandoned. So I’m somewhere pretty near dirt I guess...

Sure it nice to see everyone here though! Us old-timers have a hard time following stuff on that flickky place and where ever else all the young folks hang out these days. I ought to take a picture of a train I built recently, and then as soon as I use up the rest of the roll and get the pictures back from the developer I’ll scan them on to the computer, resize them to 200 pixels to save bandwidth, and ftp them somewhere where you can look at them.

If only there was somewhere I could bid on a “giant oak” these days, but last time I check Auczilla.com it didn’t appear to have a current auction. Guess I should try fibblesnork

-Matt :)