 Trains / Train Organizations / SCLTC / 209
Re: SCLTC at Fullerton Railroad Days 2004
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains.org.scltc, lugnet.org.us.lugola
Date:
Tue, 4 May 2004 20:33:23 GMT

   Coolest way to get there: Take the train to Fullerton Station and you are there!

   Thomas and Company - Hey, thanks for the novel idea of taking the train to Fullerton Station to see the SCLTC layout at Fullerton Railroad Days! I had never taken the Surfliner before nor had I personally seen a LEGO Train Club layout. You guys have done a fantastic job with such great detail. I especially liked the skyscrapers and train station. I had a really fun time! Keep up the good work...

Jonathan Hunter of LUGOLA
www.legogh.com

Jonathan-

Thanks for coming. One of our members from San Diego also arrived by train. In the past, we have used the train to collect members and meet at Union Station in LA for a walk to lunch at Philippe’s across the street. Coincidently, I pass through Fullerton RR Station everyday on my RR commute (I’m that 1 person in 1000 in LA who can take public transit to work).

It was one hot weekend and the temperature surely kept some visitors away. How hot was it? At one point we reduced all the trains to just a few cars and a single motor because the speed regulators were continually going into thermal shutdown. How hot was it? We could load only one of the 4 RCXs in the hotel from a $3K Dell laptop because things were too hot.

We ended up with a great LEGO community showing. Yourself and Derek Schin from LUGOLA, Kenny and family from BayLUG, Derek Raycraft from rtlToronto, 2 finalists from the LEGOLAND Master Builder Search, and members of other LTCs.

-Ted