 Trains / Train Organizations / SCLTC / 194
Re: Pictures!... SCLTC at the San Diego Model Railroad Museum
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains.org.scltc
Date:
Fri, 14 Nov 2003 06:20:43 GMT

In lugnet.trains.org.scltc, Thomas Michon wrote:
   In lugnet.trains.org.scltc, Kevin McMillin wrote:
   Wow!

It looks awesome, a very nice job.

I like the main boulevard, there’s so much going on at once. I really like the red zone and white zone designations on the side of the road. It reminds me of the opening scene of the movie Airplane!

I like the line outside the pirate restaurant, some hilarious things happening there.

You can thank Tom, Clark & I (well Toms freind also...) for the Restaurant, & thank tom for the 300 some odd cats swarming the layout;-)...

Josh

I recognize a lot from old shows, and a lot of things seem

   new. The hotel and bridge over the bay are both magnificent works of architecture.

I do have a question about the train that runs up and down the boulevard. Is it automated, or does someone manually change its direction every few seconds?

And, do the elevators of the Crystal Towers Hotel operate?

Once again, great job guys! I only wish I could see it in person.

-Kevin

Maybe I should have stated a few facts first =).

All eight elevators go up and down, and distinctly stop at floors on their automated routines. Many thanks go to Jeff Elliott, our newest club member, for writing the software to make them work. There’s four RCXs in the hotel alone!

The trains on the boulevard also run back and forth and stop at their stations. Thanks again to Jeff for writing that code. My family built the light rail and the hotel, but decided we had too much on our plate to write the code as well.

Thanks for the comments!
  1. Thomas Michon