 Trains / Train Organizations / SCLTC / 130
Re: SCLTC up and running at SDMRRM now through New Years!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org.scltc, lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.town
Date:
Mon, 25 Nov 2002 15:48:33 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Harvey Henkelman writes:
A suggestion should be made to the SDMRRM that the LEGO® layout be a
permanent feature of the museum, just like the O, N and HO scale layouts
already are. Think of the publicity and recognition!
-Harvey

Definitely a good idea. Problems are:

1. The museum has no more permanent layout space available (the last space
went to some Lionel types last year).

2. This museum works with some heavy sponsorship relationships. People are
always amazed when we tell them we don't work for LEGO, LEGO didn't supply
the layout, and LEGO doesn't give us bricks.

On the plus side, the museum has asked us about making a small enclosed
interactive display that they could put in common areas, so we may get a
permanent presence anyway.

-Ted Michon
SLCTC